Monday, November 24, 2014

Famous Last Words, Week 14


Hello, I am going to take this time to kind of reflect on this past week and the upcoming break. This  past week for class I have been reading over a lot of other storybooks and I have to say I am privileged be in such talented class with so many great writers. I have really enjoyed reading over some of the stories I had read earlier in the semester then now seeing how they have transformed into a finished product. One of my favorites was Rama's Bestiary because of just the sheer creativity and detail that was added to every single sentence. Reading these stories has really made handling my other classes a tad bit easier. While most of my classes require textbook reading and a lot of physics, these stories offer a nice break in the other monotonous schoolwork.  Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I have to say I am so excited. I have a ton of family coming into town that I haven’t seen in while and they always bring the most amazing cooking. By the end of this week I plan to have gained at least ten pounds. The dish I have to be looking forward to most is definitely the pumpkin dessert roll, though my uncles home smoked turkey is also to die for. While the festivities are so close I can almost taste them, I unfortunately have to finish out the next couple days and stay focused. Tomorrow I have a massive class presentation to give for my international activism class, along with a change of command ceremony for my NROTC unit. My presentation tomorrow is over the pollution of Ukraine and how my mock NGO will help solve the issue. I’ve just got to power through these next couple days and then I’m home free.
Thanksgiving Turkey.Turkey found here

No comments:

Post a Comment